Twice a year the IFGW graduate program holds selection processes for admission in Masters and Ph.D. courses. Accepted candidates may receive a CAPES or CNPq scholarship administered by the program accordingly to their classification in the selection process. Together with a potential advisor, the candidate could also apply for a FAPESP scholarship, which offers significant advantages. The FAPESP scholarship application may be submitted even before acceptance in our program, since proof of registration is required only in the latter stage of the fellowship installation. Our courses'average durations are 24 months for Masters, 48 months for Ph.D., and 60 months for straight Ph.D. (without Masters).
Admission process for the first semester of 2022
To apply to our graduate program:
- It is preferable required that the candidate has taken the Unified Exam in Physics (EUF) at least once in the last six editions (EUF 2-2021, EUF 1-2021, EUF 2-2020 ou 3-2020, EUF 1-2020, EUF 2-2019, EUF 1-2019).This exam is in English or Portuguese, and the candidate may request it to do in his/her home institution. The organizing committee of EUF will evaluated this request. See the page of EUF for detailed instructions. In addition, a copy of the latest exams in English is there.
- Alternatively, the selection committee might also consider exceptional candidates that have not taken the EUF with a detailed justification.Candidates with an exceptional GRE Physics Test or other internationally recognized exam grading are strongly encouraged to apply..
The selection process for the first semester of 2022 follows the calendar below:
- August 31-October 10, 2021: Registration in the Brazilian Unified Physics Exam Exame Unificado em Física (EUF) - instructions and registration are provided on the exam site.
- November 21, 2021: Application of EUF exam.
- November 26, 2021: Deadline for announcement of the EUF results.
- November 22 to December 3, 2021: Period of applications to the IFGW graduate program.
- December 21, 2021: Deadline for the announcement of the selection process results to IFGW Masters and Doctoral courses, on this page. Official acceptance letters will be issued and sent by e-mail to the successful applicants.
- January 17, 2022: Resource result
- February 9 - 11, 2022, until 4 pm: Regular enrollment period for new students for the first semester of 2022.
- February 9 - 14, 2022: enrollment in courses for the first semester of 2022 (for new students).
- March 3, 2022, until 4 pm: Additional enrollment period for the first semester of 2022 (New students that did not enroll in the regular period).
- March 3, 2022: Beginning of classes.
Attention: The candidate who intends to use the exam score of the edition EUF 2-2021 must wait for the result (released on November 26, 2021) to register. It is not possible to edit the application after submission.
To register, candidates must complete all the information requested and insert documents through a form (available from November 22, 2021).
Attention: The registration form for Graduate Studies is extensive. Before filling in, click here, to check if the candidate has all the documents scanned in PDF format and to knows the form screenshots beforehand.
- Candidates must complete the curriculum with all relevant information.
- Information about Monography at the end of the course, undergraduate scientific experience, and Teaching assistant is essential and must be registered in the curriculum.
- The candidate will be judged by the information and documents they submit in the application form. Therefore, no external information will be added.
- The submitted academic file must contain the averages of the graduation grades. If the university's transcript does not have the average, the candidate must add in a PDF file, on the first page, the average of the graduation grades and the transcript, including the failures.
- If the candidate makes two registrations, only the information from the last one will be considered.
- The maximum size allowed for each file scanned (in PDF format) and sent at the time of registration is 3M (3 megabytes)
- The letter of recommendation request will be sent to the professors in the same language as the application. The application form is fulfilled in Portuguese, English, or Spanish. Therefore, the e-mail mensage the professor/researcher received in the same language chose to fulfill the application.
- The EUF grades and percentiles informed by candidates at application will be validated by the Graduate Office. Therefore, it is crucial to provide the "full name" on the application, as entered at the time of application to the EUF.
- In addition to personal information, the candidate must indicate the contact of up to 3 faculty members who will provide letters of recommendation. Of the three letters of recommendation, two letters will be compulsory and 1 of the letters must be sent by a faculty member who was not the student's supervisor (Extended until December 9, 2021).
Registration of accepted students
The registration of accepted students is carried out by the Graduate School secretariat, according to the university-s public calendar.
Documents required for Brazilian Students
Please go to the version in Portuguese of this page for detailed instructions.
Documents required for Foreign Students
International students: should enroll in the Graduate Secretariat, must attend the DAC Foreign Student Service Sector with certified copies or simple copies accompanied by the originals of the following documents:
- Passport identification page
- Page of the passport containing the visa
- Passport page with entry stamp
- National Migrants Registration Card (CRNM) or visa registration protocol or scheduling for registration with the Federal Police.
If the candidate has a permanent visa, the presentation of a valid CRNM will be sufficient.
After attending the DAC, the new student must present himself at the Physics Graduate Office to register on the days and times mentioned above accompanied by the originals of the following documents:
- Graduation diploma* (exceptionally, this can be temporarily replaced by the Graduation Completion Certificate)
- Individual Taxpayer Registration (CPF)
Those entering the doctorate: deliver the master's degree diploma or certificate of completion of the master's degree at the secretariat.
After enrollment, international students must upload the following documents on the DAC website, in the Academic Management System (SIGA> Documents> Upload student documents).
* The duly registered Graduation diploma must be delivered at least 60 (sixty) days before Dissertation or Thesis defense.
In the case of documents issued by institutions based abroad, see Documents produced abroad.
Information on types of Visas for Brazil, visit Visa Guidelines for Foreigners.
In the case of a re-entering student (who has already enrolled at Unicamp previously), attendance at the DAC Service is also necessary.
According to the general calendar, students must renew their registration on a semestral basis after the initial registration.
Further information may be requested from the Graduate School secretariat, please contact us.